Whether you've been too shy to sing anywhere but the shower or you've been putting on shows for years, we have an amazing opportunity for singer/songwriters from the Peoria Area!
On October 12, Roxy Baker of WWCT 99.9 FM, Kindall Nelson of Peoria Music Live, and Jerry Kolb, the creator of State & Water, invite you to share your original music in the Acoustic Originals Showdown at the Big Picture Peoria Festival in Peoria's Historic Warehouse District.
There will be two categories: Adults 19 years and Older and Youth 18 and under. Each performer will be given a time slot based on the total number of performers we have and will include both set up and tear down.
See below for the rules, prizes, and more.
Photography of this event will be provided by Troy Phillips Photography and prints will be available for purchase after the event.
- First Place Adult Category—$100
- First Place Youth Category—$50
Date and Time
- Saturday, October 12, 2019
- Competition: 10AM-2PM.
- Winners announced at 3:45PM
- The festival runs until 4PM and local bands will play while the votes are counted.
Peoria's Warehouse District in the 1200 SW block of Adams
- Acoustic solos and duos only.
- Original music only (does not have to be written/composed by the artist, but you must give credit to writer/composer and have their permission to use their work.)
- Winners of the Big Picture Peoria Acoustic Original Showdown will be determine by public vote. Friends, family, and the public can buy tickets to cast their vote for you. Tickets will be sold at the event. $1 per ticket or 6 for $5. The money raised will be used to fund arts education opportunities for children.
- Each artist will be given a time slot based on the total number of artists who sign up.
- Time slots will include any set up and tear down time.
- Artists who do not leave the stage within their allotted time, will be disqualified.
- Time slots will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. The sign up will close no later than Noon on 9/27/2019. We do have a maximum number of entrants allowed and may need to close sign-ups early.
- Artists may promote their time slot however they like and are encouraged to use social media and their networks to bring their fans out to vote for them.
- Click above to sign up for your 15 minutes of fame in the Acoustic Original Showdown.